Advisory Committees: The advisory committee’s community component will be made up of employees from Upstream’s family of companies and others who have a heart for and are dedicated to the mission each of the funds advance.
These committees will operate with seven members; one of which is a TFEC administrator and one to be the Executive Director of Philanthropy for the company. Committee members will serve two-year terms (with no term limits) and meet primarily via teleconference on a monthly basis.
Primary Responsibilities for Advisory Committee Members are:
- Lead on fundraising efforts for each fund; assist in maintaining paid-pledge report
- Determine what charities will receive a grant
- Advocate for “Pillars With Purpose” with colleagues
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors and grantees (past, present and future)
- Serve as a resource for other company employees who have questions about the fundraising efforts and charitable activities; creating promotional materials for efforts
- Coordinate communication plan for committee with the Executive Director and take on messaging responsibilities as needed
- Attend and actively participate in 90% of Advisory Committee meetings by engaging in decision-making as it relates to fundraising efforts, gift-granting and additional committee business to be named
To apply for one of the advisory committees, submit a 250-word (or less) essay on why you wish to be part of a particular advisory committee. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for a Chairperson position. Submit your essay along with this form to Robbe Bendick at Rbendick@urpt.com. Your essay will be reviewed by the entire Pillars with Purpose Executive Committee and subsequent selection to an advisory committee will be determined by the appropriate Advisory Committee Chairperson. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.